On Sunday, June 28, meteorologists issued a warning against heavy rain with a possible rise in water levels. The warning concerned practically the entire republic, with the exception of the westernmost parts of the republic and part of Moravia. Unfortunately, the scenarios of meteorologists were fully fulfilled and heavy rain did not escape our region either. The Loučná River in Cerekvice nad Loučná has reached the second flood stage and, at the flow through Vysoký Mýto, also the third flood stage. In the vicinity of Vysoké Mýto, it was spilled and flooded in places below. The situation was also serious in the peat bog near Vysoká Mýto, where the Slatinka river flooded, which flooded the gardens of the houses. There was also an overflow of the local pond. During Monday, our volunteer unit intervened in a total of nine high-water events. We left for the first event before half past eight in the morning and returned to the base around 2 pm.
Extraordinary events in which our unit intervened:
- Pumping water from flooded cellars in Slatina near Vysoké Mýto.
- Monitoring of the Loučná river in B. Korábová, Choceňská, Weinfurtherova, Kpt. Popler and around Vysoké Mýto.
- Removal of alluvial logs and branches from the sluice at Jangelec.
- Draining water from flooded cellars in Pardubická Street in Choceň.
- Monitoring of the Loučná River in B. Korálové Street and implementation of flood control measures. Sealing the entrances to the houses with sandbags.
- Removal of alluvial logs and branches from the sluice on Kpt. Poplera.
- Monitoring of the Loučná River in Fibichova Street and implementation of flood protection measures. Sealing the entrances to the houses with sandbags and removing the tree trunk from the riverbed.
- Monitoring of flooded cellars in Fibichova Street, where unfortunately, due to the rising groundwater level, it was not possible to drain the water.